Elders McCleod and Romney

Monday, June 10, 2013

Prayers are answered


Hey!
 
Honey Bunches of Oats sound fantastic right now. But so was the cup of ice cream i just slammed. Yeah, had a weak point in the diet. But it's been going well! I weighed myself at the mission home this last week and I was 159 pounds! Crazy huh! That is pretty much just diet too, our workout's are mild compared to what they will be this up coming transfer. Gotta step up my game!
 
I read you're letter from 6/3. Thank you so much for your prayers. It was like an "ah ha" moment when I read that email. It all made sense as to why I was receiving so much council. Heavenly Father is truly aware of us. By answering your prayers, he answered mine too. I feel much more at ease with whats to come in 5 weeks, even if I don't know all the details about it. Thank you so much for looking into school stuff for me. I'm going to do it when I get home for sure but this helps a lot just so I can know what I'm working with. I don't have many regrets in life, but one is not taking high school/ running start seriously. Moral of the story- do your homework kids! You think if God can change my life the way he did that he can bump up my GPA a few notches? That would be too easy... looks like I'll be making up some classes!
 
This week was quite the week. It was transfer week. Drove around Jamaica placing and picking up missionaries. It's an exciting time watching these brand spanking new missionaries as they get to transfers. Their shirts are super white, their skin is super white, just ready to soak anything up that anyone says. I remember my first transfer day like it just happened and now my next one will be my last. We had only one new missionary enter the zone- he's serving with Elder Odendahl, the branch president in Junction. What a great first area! I got to see Mama H and some of the members this week- always good to be back there.
 
Thursday was Missionary Leadership Council, formerly Zone Leader Council but with the addition of the Sister Training Leaders it's now MLC and not ZLC. It was President Hendricks last one. I am going to miss him so much. But I'm very excited to serve with President Brown for a short time also. One line that stuck out to me that almost made me cry was "It would be frankly apostate to say after June 29th and 9:00PM that Presdient Hendricks is my mission president. You turn your back on me and turn towards President Brown. I will be grateful all my days for the responsibility I have had for President Brown." He's right. When Pres. Hendricks leaves, all eyes are on President Brown. He will then be receiving revelation for the mission and the country of Jamaica. That's a vivid image in my mind of turning my back on President Hendricks though, but as far as leadership is concerned that's how it goes. We don't say "Well, Heber J. Grant is still my prophet, not Thomas S. Monson." No, that's absurd. Very excited for what's to come with President Brown.
 
It's going to be a quick month. This week is Zone meeting in Sav, next week is Zoen Conference in Sav, week after that president Hendricks leaves, week after that is MLC in Kingston, week after that is Zone meeting in Sav, week after that is transfers. Whenever we travel in the week it seems to just make the days go by so fast. We don't get as much done which is not ideal, but it's necessary.
 
Elder Adamson was sick this weekend, had to nurse the boy back to health! We spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday getting him better. We hit church though which was obviously important- he's a trooper. Excited to get back out this week- staying in that very very hot house was getting to me! Stir crazy! haha
 
 
Haley's call could come as early as this Thursday??? Whoah! Be sure to email me directly afterwards! Lots of pics. That is crazy. I feel like I'll be the only one that isn't crying when she leaves only because I know what is coming for her and she is going to have the time of her life.... In Winnepeg!
 
Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy... I can't wait to see that guy. I hope he's feeling alright. I'll be sure to send a note. That is another person that's played an important role in my life. Chopping wood, shooting pool listening to Jimi Hendrix, and countless stories back and forth. I'm grateful to call Jim Gilson my friend.  
 
Well I better make a step. Thank you for everything Mom. You're prayers have provided me with the opportunity to learn so much from the inspired people around me. I love you!
Elder Romney 

No comments:

Post a Comment