Elders McCleod and Romney

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Heading to Bahamas!

Hey!

So, what a week! We got transfer calls Saturday, Im leaving tomorrow at noon to go to the bahamas. Our last Sunday President Hendricks came out again to talk to the branch, I hope it does the trick and calls them to action- Highgate was an experience for sure but I wouldn't trade it for anything, I learned more about the gospel in this transfer than I have all of my mission, and people say that when you go off island you learn the most out of any area of your mission... Im excited to keep learning! 

We still don't have water, so we showered this morning in Linstead. I tell ya, learning to appreciate the little things is one thing a mission does. Water, electricity, hot water even, washing machiene, all fantastic luxuries of life we take for granted. 

Not to put a damper on this email, but remember I told you about mom and grandma? Mom died last night in the hospital. We got a call this morning from grandma so we went over before we left. She is hanging in there. It was such a blessing though, she was soooo misserable. We visited her this last week and she didn't know where she was and wanted to go home, we couldn't understand her speech or anything, pretty sad :( BUT she's doing jumping jacks now and enjoying herself so thank Heavenly Father for that. Her kiddo's are doing alright, I think they will stay with grandma until they figure out what to do. 

Well thats about it for this week, not a whole lotta action but next week will be exciting! First email from the Bahamas!! Can't wait to send you pictures! I love you!!!

Jackson 





















No comments:

Post a Comment