Elders McCleod and Romney

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

No water?

Yo!

AHHHHHHH i miss family gatherings!! Seriously, I have been thinking about it and its so true how when you get older your family becomes your best friends and the people you wanna hangout with. Cant wait to get in on that action again! You guys all look great, thats so exciting that Haley graduated (not that it was a surprise- if I could graduate, Haley better be able to graduate!) All the little cousins are getting so old! Caitlin looks so cute! I just wanna pick her up and give her a zurburt. Soon Haley will be in college, that is nutso. My companion is registering for school this month. It's made my mind start tinkering with the idea of where I wanna go. He was saying that there are priority deadlines that are almost a year before school starts first pick at classes or something- can't forget about that! Don't wanna end up hosed outta school because I forgot about a deadline. That would sound to much like my last quarter at SCC, and no, I don't want that again :) My comp. goes home in 15 weeks (yes, its down to weeks) and in two weeks he's stoked to be able to say that he has less weeks than I've been out months haha SO it goes, I hit my year mark in like three weeks! Crazy, eh? 

Since I've been out here I realize what you mean when you're always trying to find foods that go well with your body and things. I don't do it as much as you obviously but having to find things that don't wreck your stomach while you're out teaching.. crucial lol I've found that corned beef is only 120 calories and has 14 grams of protien per can, and if you cook it with ketchup in the pan wit a little pepper sauce it tastes like a ghetto sloppy joe- pretty tasty. 

This week in Highgate was an experience as well. The government here isn't as on top of things as back home and there are many people that haven't had running water for quite sometime. It's a good thing we have a truck to help our members get water- two families especially, grandma and mom (mom by the way looks a lot better, we visit her in the hospital about 2-3 times a week) and then a family of 8 havent had water. We rolled up to visit this family to have a lesson and right as we pulled up they were fresh outta water. We loaded all the bins and went and filled them at the church. We were outta water from Sunday to friday this week... its been a sticky week haha We showered at the church one day, then it got all plugged up so we went to Port Antonio early for district meeting and showered there, then we just didnt shower because all the water we had we needed for the toilet because we both had a bad case of runny belly this week. Water came back Friday and Saturday and was gone again yesterday. We showered in Porty this morning because we had a combined zone p-day in ochi. It's so crazy how much a difference running water makes. We are outta water again today and hopfully it wont be gone for too long. 

This week we instituted home and visiting teaching, a fireside every Wednesday, interview night with the Branch president and weekly saturday church cleaning. Made up a bunch of nice forms on the computer for all of them, did the home teaching and visiting teaching lists, weekly calander, we are praying our guts out that the branch will act. It's not looking so good. They asked for 2 months, its been over half way now and not a change has been made. Mad props to Abinidi- that guy is a stud. 

One thing I've learned so far this transfer is how to recieve the answers God has for me. That scripture "Ask and ye shall receive", I've always thought that you can only ask certain things to God or that only things pertaining to church stuff, but I'm here to tell you that is not true. You can litterally ask anything. If you have the faith and the desire to understand and know, you can get an answer that is as clear as day. They come from the scriptures. A habit I've started to try and get into is when I have a question to ask Heavenly Father I ask it, then turn to my scriptures. Everytime I've done this, I have receive the answer I needed. An example would be when (without telling each other) my companion and I prayed to know what we could shre with the members to that it would hit home for them. When I turned to my scriptures I opened right up to the story of the Brother of Jared and Elder Baird opened up a number of scriptures about faith and how if we don't do what Heavenly Father commands we aren't accepted of Him. It was nuts,  our lesson plans have been taylor fitted to the situations and people we meet. Cool huh. 

Well Ill be sending pictures and the song a bit later when we get back to highgate! I finally got the song that we recorded so ill send it in an email and you can listen to your boy in a Jamrock studio singing about the mission! I Love you momma!!

Jackson






No comments:

Post a Comment