Elders McCleod and Romney

Monday, July 8, 2013

New Mission President & Last baptism


Hey!
What a great weekend! When I saw the pics of the zip lining trip. I leaned over to Elder Adamson and said, "Is your family doing a bunch of fun stuff while you're gone too?" haha What a blast! Mac wears that harness nicely.
President and Sister Brown are amazing. Yes, both native Jamaican. We had Missionary Leadership Council on Thursday, which is where President Brown instructs us on what needs to happen in the mission- whoah, it was one of the best meetings I've ever been a part of. He's such a powerful teacher and all the adjustments to the Jamaica Kingston Mission he is making are inspired. He is focused so much on training new missionaries and helping others reach their potential, it is brilliant. Once again, Elder Adamson and I are left to try and convey such a powerful message to the zone and we are a little bit beside ourselves at where to start. Thank heaven for the Spirit, eh?
We also had two trade off's this week, one I went to Sav and another Elder Worley came to Santa Cruz. Going to Sav was cool, the missionaries there are well. I got to say goodbye to all the people I wanted to, minus Sis. J (we are headed to Sav Thursday so I'll say goodbye then). I realize that I have to have an international calling plan for my phone. It's been so long since I've had a phone to call internationally, I don't remember how all that works. I guess I'll have to get up to date with calling out of country more than 2 times a year. Elder Worley's trade off with me was great, as expected. I cannot express enough thanks to Heavenly Father for giving me companions like that. Elder Hitchcock and I were reminiscing on the MTC days - it was he and me right from the beginning! Our two year mark was Saturday so that was fun to look back on.
The deck looks so great! As does the house, I seriously don't know if I'm ready for culture shock all over again. I remember going through it when I first got to Jamaica, then again to the Bahamas, then again when I came back to Jamaica, now it's going to be hard core culture shock. That's awesome the garden is growing! I hope you have a big bag of spinich ready and waiting at the house- we've been hitting steamed callaloo (Jamaican spinich) mixed with a can of tuna with some garlic and eating with with crackers- so good! And good for you!
This week is A's baptism. She is ready! Her Book of Mormon reading is great, Friday she was in Chapter 8 of 1st Nephi and now she's in Chapter 14. There is a noticeable difference between those who are willing to accept the gospel and those who are not. She's being baptized just in time too - the Area Presidency is organizing a temple trip/EFY in the Dominican Republic and she will get to go! That's going to be so fun for her. When she found out there wasn't going to be snow she was a little disappointed, but still excited haha
This week is going to be great. We're headed to Negril tonight to do a trade off with the Elders there, Tuesday night we have a sweet lesson with a young man that is a friend of a member, Thursday have Zone Meeting, Friday is A's interview and then her baptism is Saturday morning at nine along with transfer calls... I know I'm being transferred, just not sure who my next companion is! ;) I love you!

Elder Romney 

No comments:

Post a Comment