Elders McCleod and Romney

Monday, September 24, 2012

The icing on the cake

Hey! I'm just glad that someone loves me :) 

Oh the D's- gotta love them. I should take more pictures of the people we associate with, then you can see who my homies are! Ya M is a big boy. He's playing basketball for his school- I'm sure he does some serious work down on the block. He's a funny kid, quite the actor. We will go into a lesson with him and the first ten minutes will be him acting like he's fighting a bear in his sleep... Elder Worley and I envy that kids energy. Always bouncing around!

Bishop and Krissy's new callings sound sweet! A calling like that would help this branch out sooo much. It would be so weird to be in a mission where there are callings like that, or where there is a Branch Mission Leader or branch missionaries. There are a handful of young fellas who are either mission age or will be in the next year or two. One thing I've learned is that you can't plant desire into someone. If you can, I clearly haven't figured out how to do that yet. Speaking of missions and desire, J told us this week that the Spirit has been prompting him like crazy to go on a mission so he decided that he is.  The fact that he laid out his plan on how he was going to be prepared by March of this year to turn in his papers was awesome. He's getting a new job out at Atlantis being a lifeguard, ditching being the garbage man and sounds like he will be making much more money. He says that this job came through right as he decided to go on a mission so he's going to save all he can because he recognized that this job was given to him to pay for his mission. So cool! He gave a talk in church on Sunday, did really well. T passed the Sacrament :) Such a cool thing to see. I think that's my favorite part of a converts conversion is watching then participate in church. The baptism is great, the confirmation is fantastic, but them giving a talk or bearing their testimony or passing the sacrament is just the icing on the cake. Both T and  J have callings. T is 2nd counselor in the Young Mens presidency and J is 2nd Counselor in the Sunday School presidency. Nothing like learning the gospel in a leadership position! It will be good for them. They are a bit overwhelmed, but hey, aren't we all at some point or another? 

That was probably the highlight of the week, having J express his desire to go on a mission. I really don't have much to say about this week, it was an overall bust. Just one of those weeks to learn from and forget about. Like Coach Fisher always said "Live and learn Jacks! Live and learn!" 

CHRISTMAS!! IM SO EXCITED! Here is the thing about Christmas this year. I don't know which island I will be on, New Providence or Jamaica. The transfer before Christmas is December 12th, also my 6 month mark in Nassau and there is a high high chance I will be in Jamaica for Christmas. The best bet would probably be to send them to the mission office, or we can just wait until Dec. 12th to send anything. I think either way I'm going to send your guy's stuff from the Bahamas- the mailing system is more reliable here than on the rock. Last year when you sent them to Jamaica I didn't have to pay any duty on them, but I know I would have to pay massive duty on them here. Elder Worley got a tie in the mail from his Grandma that only cost $5 to send and he had to pay $6 in duty. Ya, ridonkulous. 

We did pretty good at exercising this week- this week will be better. We've been on this cold cereal kick lately. I have forgotten how much I like a good bowl of cereal. 

I think that's great that you guys are studying Preach My Gospel. It takes on a whole new meaning when you are applying the things in it regularly. My suggestion would be to read Chapter 6- Christlike attributes. You might find that more applicable to the kiddies lives than the lessons. That is my favorite chapter. I didn't apply PMG as much as I should have in the beginning of my mission, but it's a huge blessing in teaching. Funny how things are always better when you apply what the Prophet says!

Well that's about it for this week- one for the history books. We have the A's for dinner tonight (YUM!), gonna go buy more corn flakes and capn crunch and maybe hit downtown. Thanks for the emails Momma :) Have a great week! I love you!

Elder Romney 

No comments:

Post a Comment