Elders McCleod and Romney

Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 12

Hello my family!!

I was thinking about it, and my letters home aren't very spiritual, which might be depicting me as a missionary or my mission as just another thing to check off my bucket list. SO NOT TRUE. This week we have been blessed beyond belief. It was seriously amazing to see the things that have transpired since our last email.

One blessing is A, a new investigator. She actually just rolled into church 3 weeks ago to check it out. We had never talked to her or seen her before, and weren't able to catch her number afterwords because D came by after church so we were teaching him about the Plan of Salvation. I love teaching at the church, it's almost like cheating when it comes to feeling the Spirit because it's always there. Anyways, A came back the next Sunday and we saw here twice this week, not counting Sunday, and holy cow, she was definetly one of those people who the Lord prepared for us to teach. She has kept every commitment with reading the Book of Mormon, and she lives up in the hills a little bit so its nice and quite when we teach. Elder Nelson and Elder Montegomery chopped her yard Thursday morning (we had a trade off with the Zone Leaders, so I was in Spanish Town with Elder Mackey) and she was to be baptised, prayed about it and everything. We are looking at Oct. 15th or the week after that, but she came back to church for the third straight week and we teach the Gospel Principles class/ investigator class so we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, repentance, baptism, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end) and the Spirit was so strong. She said she loves Relief Society which is great, oh man, its wonderful. We are seeing her again on Thursday and we are really excited about her. 

This week was great. I put some new parts on my bicycle because they were going to break off soon, both my tires exploded! It was pretty hilarious actually, so now I am riding a Cadillac of bicycles which makes riding the hills of Clarendon much more enjoyable. I've now lost 20 pounds, almost 25 because when I checked yesterday after two dinners and having soaked pants from the rain I was 165, but I feel great. Who knew loosing fat would make a person feel good! haha 

Things at home sound awesome! I love the pictures of Mac playing football. It takes me back to my ol' playing days... wow, I sound like an old man when I say it like that. The house is looking great, the garden looks huuuuuuge, and I'm so glad you got the SD card. I was hoping you'd get it soon. 

This week is going to be great too. General Conferance! Whoot whoot! And I've only got 30 pages left in the Book of Mormon. Double whoot whoot! 
 
Well I'm glad you guys had a great week too, enjoy this week and I will be talking to you next monday! My email probably won't be home until later in the day, we are having zone p-day, basketball in Port Mor! Triple whoot whoot! haha

Love you all!
Elder Romney

PS: No, I don't need more pants, I'm still rockin' strong with the 4 or 5 I have, tell Shelby happy birthday!! I miss those guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment