Elders McCleod and Romney

Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 22

Well hello!
 
Christmas devotional?? Heck yes we did! It was kidna frusterating though because streaming it over the internet at the church was a bust, it had to buffer every 10 seconds, but the parts I saw were really good. It's so funny, everyone from the branch came to the church to watch it and it started at 8 our time... at by 8:30, there was more people asleep than awake! Little kids and adults alike! Everyone here goes to sleep so early and get up so early, it was pretty funny to see 20 of probably 30 people zonked out in the chapel. We were so pumped for the christmas singing, and we did get to hear all the hymns which was awesome. I love christmas music! We have a christmas CD here that a member made for us, we gave her a list of christmas songs and she put them on a CD and of course, had to have Amy Grant's "Grown up Christmas list" and "Rockin around the Christmas Tree" and Harry Connick Jr's "When my heart finds christmas" and "Sleigh Ride". It feels like im at home jammin with you guys! Christmas here is so much different, I wrote a Christmas parody in the shower this mornin.:
Oh the weather outside is windy
dandy and hot and sandy
with only 19 more months to go
I miss snow I miss snow I miss snow!! haha... I thought it was pretty funny.
 
This week was rather interesting. First the not so good, Elder Taylor got robbed down in the hood on saturday... it wasnt scary or anything, just some punk kid, probably 19 or 20, riding his bike past, turned around and said "hey can I see your sunglasses?" Elder Taylor took them off his face, knowing if he gave them to him he would steal them, so he was holding them away and the kid just snatched them out of his hands, put them on and said "I look good in these. Im keeping them" and rode off. We were both really mad, I wanted to go get them back but, as a more wise seasoned missionary, Elder Taylor pointed out that its not worth getting stabbed over a $5 pair of shades. Which is true, but we were pretty put out the rest of the day. Even in Spanish Town, the HEART of the ghetto, even in Gordens Pen, the HEART of the HEART of the ghetto, we got more respect than here. It's pretty sad. But whatev's, all is safe and sound. So to answer your question about if there is ghetto is Sav, there is, but its hardly even the ghetto. Spending the first 3 and a half months in the real ghetto makes New Market Oval look like hollywood.
 
But, the good news.... N IS GETTING BAPTISED SUNDAY! Yay! She is a super star! Seriously, she's a friend of a member, and she has kept every commitment, every appointment, and done everything we've asked her to do. She was already living a very good lifestyle so she didnt need to make many changes at all, she's been to church every sunday and arrived before most members do, and read 1 Nephi chapters 1-13 already and asks quetions when she doesnt understand. It is so cool to see how she's grown in the last 4 weeks. Her little girl is soo cute too, she's 2 and an active lil girl. Her interview is wednesday and then after church Sunday she will be baptised.Talk about a blessing! She's going to be a great member. Oh, and double good news, V IS GETTING BAPTISED ON SUNDAY TOO! He's our super star in Spanish Town that we "randomly" came up to us outside the church. We won't get to see it but that doesnt really matter, I'd love to serve in spain town again and link up wit him. It's gonna be a good weekend!
 
Oh right, the other questions. The food here is good. I've taken a new approach to food since we dont have gas for the stove and havnet since spanish town, I just buy PB and J, bread, and some snacks every week and eat that at home. There is a KFC here and a Burger King that we hit up every now and again, but I would love to get stove gas so I can start doing eggs again, maybe when the zone leaders are here they can take us in the truck to go get another tank. Lactose wise I think i've still got it. I've had Ice Cream twice and both time's ive been pretty mashed up. It didnt stop me though... funny how that works haha It has stopped me though after I remembered "oh yeah, I don't like this feeling". I don't buy milk or anything, i drink about 3-4 liters of water a day and about a Pepsi or Grapefruit Shweeps a day too. I've kicked back on the soda though, not helpin my teenage bumps (thats what they call acne here).
 
This month is going to fly by. Baptism this week, a full week next week, then the christmas party in Kingston! We are so jacked for the christmas party and christmas, it will be fun. Yes skype will be awesome! We're still tracking down a computer, we might be able to buy or borrow a camera and mic from someone and use the church's computer which would we way cool. Are you really 4 hours behind? Thats pretty wild.. we have a few more emails to figure out wah gwaan so im not to worried. Ill let you know for sure whats up though by next week or the monday of christmas week. as soo as we know, you will know.
 
Can you put a some more dough on my card? I need to send your christmas package :) Thank you!
 
You guys sound like you're havin a hoot, everyone eat some Russian Tea cakes and short bread and cinnomon rolls and fruit loop cookies for me! Oh and your package made it, I think its your package, but Ill be opening it at christmas time, just fyi. OH and Pryors sent a package too! Beef jerky, toosie rolls, licorise, gum, and propel packets... they know how to make a boy happy! The jerky is almost all gone... i couldnt stop eating it haha anyways, I love you all! Have a great week!
 
Elder Romney

No comments:

Post a Comment